Have you tried coconut oil? Want to know why you should include it as part of your healthy lifestyle?
Did you know? Every participant at our workshop on the 30th March will receive an amazing gift bag full of products to kick start the habits we teach including:
- Full size jar of Organic Coconut Oil
- Toasted Organic Coconut Chips
- More free products will be announced soon!!
1) All fats are not created equal
Coconut oil contains short term medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFAs), which is a “healthy” form saturated fat compared to trans fat. Trans fatty acid consumption is linked with heart problems, depression and increased cholesterol levels. What does consuming MCFA fats in coconut oil mean for your body? Our body metabolises these fats in the liver, immediately coverting this into energy (fuel for the brain and muscle function) rather than it being stored as fat.
2) Supports immunity
Coconut oil is made up of healthy fats lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid which contain antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral prosperities to boost the immune system. Lauric acid contains the highest concentration of MCFA fatty acids, approximately 75 per cent. The body turn this fat into monolaurin which is claimed to help heal viruses such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, helicobacter pylori and candida.
3) Slows aging
Coconut is not just for your cooking – it’s a wonderfully hydrating treat for skin too. It keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which prevents sagging and wrinkles.
4) Cooks in high temperatures
Because coconut oil is a medium-chain saturated fatty acid, it gives it a higher smoking temperature than most polyunsaturated or monounsaturated oils. If you’re preparing recipes that require high temperatures you should consider coconut oil for this type of cooking. Unlike olive oil which will oxidise at high temperatures, creating free radicals.
5) Assists to combat sugar cravings
Good quality fat is more satiating than carbs, so if you cut down on sugar you will feel less ‘ravenous’. With the proper amounts of fats and protein, you can fuel your energy reserves properly, and come off the sugar roller coaster that many of us are on. (reference: bodyandsoul.com.au)
This is not a Fitness Model workshop!
Participants are educated on:
– How to structure a daily meal plan.
– Perform weight training exercises correctly.
– Yoga stretches that can be used daily for active recovery.
– Enhancing metabolic response to food and exercise.
– Drop body fat the healthy way.
– The exercises that will give you toned arms, a tight butt and a flat stomach.
We are not trying to sell you anything, there are no gimmicks and you will leave energised and ready to make positive changes that will last a lifetime!
We are very excited that every registration will receive a FREE gift bag, full of products we actually use!!
Don’t miss out – this event is always a sell out!
Email now: email@example.com
Amelia’s LIVING LEAN Tips for Coconut Oil
I use coconut oil every day for my cooking – I use one teaspoon and wipe the heated pan with paper towel to remove any excess. It is great for cooking anything from vegetable stir fry to egg whites.
Please remember it is calorie dense – so when a so called “Healthy” or “Raw” recipe calls for 1-2 entire cups of coconut oil – you need to keep your portions small.
LIVING BEAUTY RECIPES
DELICIOUS SUPERFOOD BREAKFAST BOWLS!
1/2 cup cooked quinoa or oats
1tbsp Toasted Coconut Chips or Shredded coconut (I use Banaban brand, unsweetened)
2 tsp chia seeds soaked in a little water for one minute to soften
(the chia will form a “gel like” texture)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
Handful of strawberries (could also use frozen raspberries)
Handful of goji berries (optional)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
30 grams Natural Protein Powder (chocolate)
1) Combine 0.5 cup of quinoa to 0.75 cups filtered water and place them into a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low. Cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes or until all the water has absorbed into the quinoa, you will notice that the “ring” around each quinoa grain becomes visible.
Rest for 5 minutes and fluff it up with a fork before serving.
If using Oats the process is the same – make sure you use wholegrain rolled oats (not quick oats).
2) Simply arrange all remaining dry ingredients on top of the cooked quinoa (or oats).
3) Blend the protein powder and milk, either in a hand shaker or blender. Option: I made the protein powder into a paste by omitting the almond milk and using water instead.
4) Pour over your breakfast bowl!
5) Sprinkle with coconut and goji berries and enjoy!
SUPERFOOD BREAKFAST BOWL
1) Cook the quinoa as above.
2) Add the protein powder mixed with almond milk.
3) Layer your soaked chia seeds and fresh fruit.
4) Goji berries and coconut can be added (optional).
5) Don’t worry if it is not a masterpiece!! I had to make mine photo worthy 😉
NEWS FLASH: We are very excited as we are currently working with FIVE fitness and bikini models to hit the stage in the April/May 2014 (Season one) fitness competitions.
See a complete list of all the girls we have trained here.
Meet Amelia at the following times:
30th March Workshop – Health and Wellbeing workshop with information that will change your life – you will learn to live lean and healthy for the long term!
No gimmicks, no sales pitches!! FREE gift bag for all attendees.
6th April – Fitness and Bikini Model Workshop – Amelia will present for the ANB.
4th May – INBA Competition – Amelia will be judging this competition and Living Beauty will have a booth selling protein balls to raise funds for charity (just like our amazingly successful booth last year!!)
17th May – ANB Competition and Adelaide Fitness Expo! Amelia will be judging this competition. You can also catch me on the Just Add Muscle Booth at the expo!
NEW Living Beauty Client Photos – Wow!!
Excited to share with you images of Living Beauty client Leanne Wright. Prior to Living Beauty Leanne had a few goals to hit – and she did it with our help!
Leanne is now a published fitness model in Australian Oxygen Magazine and worked with Living Beauty to achieve the goals of a photo shoot and fitness competitions!
Leanne achieved the following awesome fitness competition results:
ANB Fitness Model – 2nd Place
WNBF USA Figure – 2nd Place
INBA Fitness Model – 3rd Place
Nabba/WFF Nationals, Miss Glamour – unplaced
Leanne is such a natural beauty. Now a proud mum, we look forward to her continued success in her life and we know she will keep inspiring others to live a healthy lifestyle!
Photos below by: Dallas Olsen.
I hope you enjoy the FREE recipes and look forward to meeting everyone at upcoming events!
Every step counts
I take action everyday toward my goals
Love and Light
Amelia x o