You need to eat regularly to lose body fat, and incorporating treats is good for you. Just like these amazing healthy chocolate protein balls. The delicious and healthy recipe is below.
Why is it good to have protein balls instead of a chocolate bar?
- Raw cacao contains antioxidants, iron and magnesiumplus other health-boosting, anti-aging, disease-fighting goodies.
- Maca powder increases energy and vitality and is great for hormone balance.
- Nuts are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acid.
- The protein in this recipe will keep you fuller for longer, rather than commercially processed chocolate which hasa large percentage ofrefined sugar. Refined sugars in commercially produced brands, won’t satisfy the craving but rather send you on an energy roller coaster, giving youa huge energy spike followed by acrash and leave you wanting more.
- They taste simply delicious!
- My BEST TIP: you can freeze them and defrost as needed.
Living Beauty Workshop Success
Thanks to all ladies who attended the Adelaide health and fitness workshop on
30th May, 2015.
- Everyone createdtheir own Wellness Action plan.
- Goodies included: raw cake, salads and a gift bag – jam packed with treats from our sponsors.
- We gave away a Lorna Jane Cookbook and a week of meals from Just Add Muscle.
- Yoga class, Resistance training class and Nutrition talk.
Beautiful Bikini Body – Client Amanda – New Bikini Photos
Look at gorgeousLiving Beauty client Amanda, she is living proof that a bikini body CAN be attained with balance – NOT restriction. Amanda has competed several times in fitness competitions in Adelaide and Melbourne and recently updated her portfolio with these gorgeous images.
Photo Credit Ross Brownsdon
I have been under the guidance of livingbeauty.com.au since 2011.
The reason I have been loyal to Amelia and entrusting her to guide me onto the stage is her attitude of health comes before anything else. I cannot agree with this enough, especially being female, with due consideration to our complex and sensitive bodies. Amelia understands the importance of having all facets of the body functioning well during competition preparation, and subsequently she left nothing open to adversity.
To me, this is just as important as achieving my goal of stepping onto the competition stage. After all, I believe health is indicative of the human body functioning as it is designed to do, whilst becoming stronger and fitter.
Amelia never prescribed fat burners or other supplements that potentially wreak havoc on the body. Amelia incorporated recovery sessions into my program to ensure I did not burn out, or induce injuries from irresponsible overtraining.
Living Beauty Fitness’methods and principles have stood the test of time, and will continue to be what separates Living Beauty from the rest.
Amelia Ricci’s ChocolateProtein balls recipe
3/4 cup of Chocolate Protein Powder (The All Natural Company Whey Protein Isolate)
You can purchase this from The All Natural Company and enter “Amelia‚Äù at checkout for 10% discount and FREE Delivery.
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
2 tbsp linseed, sunflower seeds and/or pepitas
1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
3 tbsp tahini or peanut butter
1/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey or rice bran syrup(optional)
** I replaced honey or syrup with 2 heaped tbsp MACA Powder for energy and vitality
1/4 cup of raw c brand coconut water (add this last and you may need more/less)
100g desiccated coconut for coating balls
1. Combine the walnuts, almonds and seeds in a food processor and whiz until fine crumbs.
2. Add the dates and whiz until smooth.
3. Add the protein powder, tahini, cacao powder, cinnamon, honey and whiz for two minutes or until the mixture starts to form into a ball.
4. Add coconut water sparingly until desired consistency achieved.
5. Divide into small portions and roll into balls between lightly wet palms (approx 2.5cm diameter balls).
6. Roll in coconut, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Makes 15 to 20.
(one serve is 3 balls with fresh fruit as a perfect afternoon or morning snack)
Stay up to date with Amelia on Facebook
Follow on Instagram for daily fitness tips @livingbeautyamelia
Yours in Health and Fitness,
Amelia x x